- The Machine Tool Division of Hitachi, Ltd. is established as an independent company: Hitachi Seiko, Ltd. in Kawasaki City.
- Head office/works are relocated to Ebina City.
- Hitachi Via Mechanics (USA), Inc. is established.
- Hitachi Via Asia Pte. Ltd. is established.
- Corporate name is changed to Hitachi Via Mechanics, Ltd.
- Via Mechanics (Shanghai) Ltd. is established.
- Air Bearings Ltd. (U.K.) is integrated as a consolidated subsidiary.
- Via Mechanics, Ltd. takes over Contact Exposure Machine business from Ono Sokki Co., Ltd.
- Via Mechanics（Changshu),Ltd. is established.
- Taiwan Hitachi Via Mechanics, Ltd. is established.
- Corporate name is changed to Via Mechanics, Ltd. due to the sole share transfer from Hitachi, Ltd. to the Longreach Group
Our Business Origin
Via Mechanics was established in 1968 as an independent company, while its business started from 1910 as a section of "Tokyo Gas Kogyo", one of the pioneer company in modern Japan.
It reorganized as "Tokyo Gas Denki Kogyo" in 1913, and reached to the top 5 machine tool manufacturer in early Japan.
The machine tool section reinforced to Hitachi group in 1939, and next year in 1940 our ex-head quarter Kawasaki Factory was built, which is the birth of our architype. Our spirit of manufacturer or "Mono-zukuri", has grown and cultivated from the begining of modern Japan, for over 100 years.